NUR 466: Nursing Research
The slide “Selecting Databases” (see 5:58 in the lecture recording) lists information about databases that are NOT AVAILABLE to Olivet students:
- Databases to which Benner Library provides access are listed in the “Recommended Databases” section on the Nursing Subject Guide
- CINAHL Complete and Medline are the names of databases.
- EBSCOhost, GALE Cengage, and Cambridge Scientific are not library databases. They are company names. These companies license content to library customers, such as the databases CINAHL and Academic Search Complete.
- This list includes two searchable databases:
- This list includes indexes:
- American Journal of International Nursing Index details the articles within a single journal starting in 1966
- Nursing Studies Index: An Annotated Guide to Reported Studies, Research in Progress, Research Methods and Historical Materials in Periodicals, Books, and Pamphlets Published in English it was published from 1959-1971
Database Search Tutorials
- CINAHL Basics tutorial (3:06 min)
- How to Find Research Literature tutorial (in order to find “primary” articles) (3:20 min)
- Systematic Reviews (2:29 min)
Before you attempt to find articles for your post, view the three-minute video Nursing Theorist video tutorial.
Bonus tip (not included in tutorial): To find clinical applications of Betty Neuman’s theory:
- Use Benner Library’s database CINAHL Complete.
- Change the drop-down menu to subject
- Type “Neuman Systems Model”
- Add the word clinical to the next search box