The Interlibrary Loan department borrows items for Olivet patrons, and lends Benner Library materials to patrons from other institutions. This service allows us to access journal articles, books, and media from thousands of other libraries throughout the world, including hundreds in Illinois. ILL is available only to current Olivet students, faculty and staff.
- Before you request an item through Interlibrary Loan, be sure you've checked other resources provided by Benner Library Online.
- Use Journal Search (by title or ISSN)
- Check Library Catalog and Illinois Catalog (I-Share)
- Click on the “Check for full text” icon
- Still no full text? Use the “Request” link/icon provided. Most databases have an "Interlibrary Loan"
- Type your patron information, click submit, and your request will go directly to our ILL department.
Mission: Provide the right material to the right patron ASAP.
Interlibrary Loan Patron Limitations: Benner Library Interlibrary Loan provides generous services for current students, staff, and faculty of Olivet Nazarene University, approximately 6000 patrons. Services are also provided to patrons of our consortial partners ( i.e. students, staff, and faculty from 80+ I-Share institutions) as well as to libraries worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
"Congratulations on maintaining the exceptional ILL service required for OCLC’s Express digital delivery program! The Express program connects high-performing libraries committed to delivering digital resources within 18 hours."