BIOL 356: Microbiology
Benner Library provides free access to scholarly science journals, including the premier titles Science and Nature for current students, faculty, and staff.
- Print: 1950-present
- Online: 1880-1922, 1988-2005, 2015-present
- Print: 1971-2015, some coverage 2016-2018
- Online: 1990 - 1 year ago
- If you need access to a current article from Nature, contact the Interlibrary Loan department.
Online-Method 1: Use the Journal Search (by title or ISSN) to find online (full text) articles
- Go to the Benner Library homepage
- Click on the “Journals & Articles” tab
- Click on the “Journal Search”
- Search for the journal title e.g. Nature.
- Look for the titlte you desire e.g Nature (Online Nuature Publishing group.
- Click on the "Available Online" link (see screen shot below)
- Read the orange text to see what your options are. In this example the record says there are two versions (databases) which provide full text. See screen shot below. Scroll down gain access.
- Read the dates available (highlighted in yellow), then click on one of the database titles or the "open in a new tab" icon.
- If you know the date of the article you want, use the issue listing on the right to browse for it. Otherwise, use the “Search within this publication” link to do a keyword search of the journal you selected.
Online-Method 2: Using ScienceDirect, library database to find articles
- If prompted, log-in with your username @olivet.edu and ONU net password
- Use the first search line, labeled “Find articles with these terms,” to enter a few of the most important keywords for your topic, such as microbiology AND “public health”
- Use the options on the left to narrow by date, type of article (“review” or “research articles”), or even by a specific journal (“publication title”)
Online-Method 3: Using "search Library Resources" box at the top of most library webages to find online (full text) acticles
To find print journals by walking around & broswing
- Go to Lower Level of Benner Library | hours
- Journals are arranged in alphabetical order, by title. Ignore initial articles in titles, such as "a", "an", "the"
- Look in the tall shelf near the Lower Level Lab (Benner 013), for current 4-year
- Look in compact shelving, around perimeter of room, for older issues
This web page was created by Jasmine Cieszynski, Instructional Services, on 09/22/2015. The content of the page was updated on 7/22/2020.