There are two certified Notary Publics who work in the Benner Library building:
- Sandy Harris, ask for her at the Circulation Desk (1st Floor)
- Cheryl Paarlberg, ask for her at the Center for Academic Excellence Reception Desk (1st floor during semester)
Tips for success:
- You must sign your document in front of the notary (the act of signing is what the notary is certifying).
- Forms must be complete before signing
- Use BLACK ink when filling out forms
- Both of our Notaries have other fulltime duties and work normal business hours, M-F.
- “A Notary Public is an official of integrity appointed by state government —typically by the secretary of state — to serve the public as an impartial witness in performing a variety of official fraud-deterrent acts related to the signing of important documents.” From What is a Notary Public?