MAPC PSYC 603
Assessing the assessment tools:
- Begin: http://library.olivet.edu
- Go to All Subject Guides
- Select Psychology
- Under Selected eBooks choose: Mental Measurements Yearbook – search by the area you wish to assess: trauma, personality, eating disorders, etc. You will retrieve a list of assessment tools with reviews included.
Find articles and research reports on a test:
- Return to Psychology
- Select either PsychInfo or PsychArticles
- Search by your test inventory title. You may need to change the search default to subject heading
- In the second search field add "Test Validity" or "Test Reliability."
- Change the default to subject terms. This strategy should retrieve articles that actually discuss the instrument.
Download a printer friendly copy of this tutorial.
Contact SGCS Librarian Pam Greenlee 815-928-5439
The content on this page was last updated by Pam Greenlee, June 17, 2014.
This web page was reviewed on 6/18/2020.