MAPC PSYCH 603
a print copy of this tutorial.
Assessing the assessment tools
- Begin: http://library.olivet.edu
- Go to Databases and Guides
- Find the Psychology subject guide
- Mental Measurements yearbook – search by the area you wish to assess: trauma, personality, eating disorders, etc. You will retrieve a list of assessment tools with reviews included.
- Then from your search screen “choose databases”
a. Uncheck Mental Measurements
b. Select either PsychInfo or PsychArticles – or both.
c. Search by your test inventory title. You may need to change the search default to subject terms, or abstract, or title.
d. In the next search field add "Test Validity" or "Test Reliability" and change the default to subject terms. This should retrieve articles that actually discuss the instrument.
For help: Contact Pam Greenlle 815-939-5355 or
or Benner Library Reference: 815-928-5439 or