History & Philosophy of Education
Suggested resources for Education Research Topics
- School Choice
- No Child Left Behind
- Historical American Education - Colonial - 1600-1790s
- Historical American Education - Common School Movement
- Historical American Education - Secondary School Development
- Development of Teacher Education - Normal Schools/Teacher Training
- Historical American Education - Progressive Education Eudcation Movement
- Federal Involvement - Legislation - 1750-1890s
- Federal Involvement - Legislation - 1900-2000s
- Federal Involvement - Judicial (Court Cases)
EBSCO’s Education Research Complete
: The topics covered in this database include all levels of education and specialties, such as health, multilingual, and testing. There is full text for over 600 journals. Visual search options shows top 250 results.
APA Citation Style
APA Tutorials and Links
Example of basic from
for periodicals from Purdue OWL:
Complete tutorial on using American Psychological Association (APA) Format
from Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL):
: Articles in Periodicals
| Electronic Sources
Download the 'Blue List'
to see Benner's print subscriptions to Education magazines & journals.
Instructions for using the Blue List
In Spring 2013, visit the Curriculum Center
during these hours for help on this assignment:
"Page created on September 16, 2004 by Jasmine Cieszynski, Instructional Services Librarian. Updated August 11, 2011."