Need ideas for a research
Questions to consider:
- What interests me?
- What do I already know about this topic?
- What questions will I answer for my audience?
Consult science news sources:
- AccessScience News
- New Scientist Assortment of scientific topics; information ranges from artificial intelligence to alternative fuel vehicles
- Science Daily Magazine Information on the latest discoveries and research taking place within the United States
- Energy Science News Published quarterly by the US Department of Energy’s Office of Planning and Analysis within the Office of Science; the purpose of the publication is to inform about current research initiatives and progress in science related fields
Get inspired by history:
- Nobel e-Museum Reviews the Noble Prize winners in chemistry
- Chemical Achievers Biographical information on scientists who have made a contribution to science and chemistry
Need background info?
| Dewey Decimal Classification system
Library of Congress Subject Headings ("Topics"):
Browse these call ranges:
- 540 Chemistry & allied sciences
- 541 Physical & theoretical chemistry
- 543 Analytical chemistry
- 546 Inorganic chemistry
- 547 Organic chemistry
- 548 Crystallography
- 615 Pharmacology & theraputics
- 660 Chemical engineering
- 661 Industrial chemicals technology
- 667 Cleaning, color, related technologies
|Search for ebooks in ebrary ebooks. You may print 5 pages at once, up to 40 pages per browser session. Create a username and password in order to highlight text and save books to your virtual book shelf.
- Chemistry of advanced materials : an overview
Call number: 620.11 C42i
- Chemical and biological warfare
Call number: 358.34 C42s
- Encyclopedia of chemical reactions
Call Number: R 546 J157e
- Environmental chemical analysis
Call Number: 577.14 K23e
- Environmental chemistry
Call number: 540 M311e, 2000
- How to find chemical information : a guide for practicing chemists, educators, and students
Call Number: R 540.7 M288h, 1998
- Macmillan encyclopedia of chemistry
Call Number: R 540.3 M228L
- McGraw-Hill encyclopedia of science & technology
Call Number: 503 M178m, 1997
- Medicinal plants of the world : chemical constituents,
traditional, and modern medicinal uses
Call Number: R 615.32 R733m
- Pharmacology for chemists
Call number: 615.1 C164p
Go to the American Chemical Society Journal Search and limit to the journal title "Chemical Reviews"
Want to get your hands on articles referenced in ACS journals? Try the ACS journal search first, then use other options.