How to Access Library Research Material from Off Campus
Accessing Library Databases
- Go to the Benner Library home page at http://library.olivet.edu.
- Under the heading "Find Books & Articles," click on "A-Z Database List."
- Click on the name of a database that you want to search.
- If you are off campus, the login page will pop up.
- Enter your campus network username and password when you are prompted for them.
- Your username is your ONUnet username (same as My Olivet).
- Your password is your ONUnet password (same as My Olivet).
- Security warnings may pop up - answer in the affirmative within older browsers and in the negative within newer browsers.
- Once you've been authenticated, the database search page should display. Enter your search terms in the boxes provided.
To Get Help
- For trouble with passwords, go to the http://changemypassword.olivet.edu site and follow the prompts there.
- If your ONUnet username and password still do not work or you do not know what they are, call the IT help desk at 815-939-5302. They can reset your password for you.
- If you are logged in but having trouble accessing a particular article or subject, contact the Reference Desk (815-939-5355) or Interlibrary Loan (815-928-5439). They can help you with your research technique or give you additional alternatives.
- If you have any problems particular to distance education (graduate or continuing undergraduate) research, please contact the SGCS Librarians.