Benner Library appreciates and encourages gifts to its collection with the understanding that all gift items are used in the most beneficial manner. Gifts of either library materials or money to purchase them will be accepted, provided they support the Library’s mission and collection development policies.
- Since all items generate processing and storage costs, no gift item will be added unless it will enhance the intellectual value of the collection.
- The Library reserves the right to dispose of any unneeded publications.
- If there is a question about accepting a gift, the final determination rests with the Library Director.
- Money received from the sale of materials is placed in a fund for the purchase of library materials.
- Space limitations preclude any agreement to maintain a gift collection as a separate entity.
- Unless tools for evaluating and appraising used materials are available, gift items will not be appraised for income tax purposes.
- Acceptance of museum materials is contingent upon available space and the following factors: significance for Olivet, association with book materials, and ease and cost of retention.
To inquire about making a donation, or for more information, email us.